Tuesday, November 27, 2012

my baby's in the morgue tonight
my baby's in the morgue
are her ears full of the fun i made?
is her throat all swoll'n with scorn?
are her eyes covered by the ferryman's fare,
which now must need be worn?
my baby's in the morgue tonight
my baby's in the morgue

my baby's in the ground today
my baby's in the ground
the latin prayer with which i'll send her away*
is the one by which her i found
although i'll still be walkin 'round
at her side i shall always stay
even though she's the only one put in the ground today
oh god, my baby's in the ground

(and the strangeness and strain every recent time we parted
never was derived from my wishing we had never started
there's a silent emptiness now that i never felt before
wish i could lift my voice to you but i don't feel you here anymore
my sweet tristan off to neverland, but how did you forget to steer?
how could you have just left me here?
i can't believe you left me here...)

my baby's in the sky tonight
my baby's in the sky
and i shan't see our Cross'd Stars
should I begin to cry
and so, with unwetted eye,
i'll heave an unending sigh
toward my baby in the sky tonight
forever in the sky



ad te suspiramus,
gementes et flentes in
hac lacrymarum valle
eia ergo advocata nostra
illos tuos misercordes oculos
ad nos converte

(To thee do we cry
weeping and mourning in
this valley of tears
turn then, our advocate
thine eyes of mercy
toward us)



No comments: